Infinite Words

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

She Came Back..

As I stood in the doorway, watching her walk away, I felt a mix of emotions swirl inside me. The argument still lingered in the air, the words we'd hurled at each other still echoing in my mind. But I knew better than to chase after her. She needed space, time to breathe and recharge.


I remembered the countless times she'd done the same, only to return with a heart full of love and a smile that lit up the room. I knew she couldn't live without me, just as I couldn't without her.


Days passed, and the silence between us grew. But I didn't worry. I knew she'd come back when the storm had passed.


And then, one morning, I heard the door open. She slipped inside, her eyes sparkling like diamonds in the sunlight. Her hair fell softly on her shoulder, a few strands framing her face, and her smile was a little shy, but her eyes shone with a love that took my breath away.


She didn't apologize for her outburst, for the harsh words she'd spoken. Instead, she wrapped her arms around me, holding me close as if she'd never let me go. I felt her warmth, her heartbeat, and I knew everything was okay.


"I'm home," she whispered, her voice barely audible.


"I'm here," I replied, holding her tight. "I'll always be here."


In that moment, I knew our love was stronger than any argument, any disagreement. We'd weathered the storm, and emerged more in love than ever before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home